This Blog is a supplement to my website. Please also visit: www.DavidCocke.com

Monday, March 12, 2012

Windows 7 Screen Magnifier

A user just called me and reports they keep accidentally turning on the Windows 7 Screen Magnifier and they don't know how to turn it off.  They also don't know how they are invoking it in the first place.

Since I don't use this feature I didn't know either.  I wanted to share what I've now learned.

If you use the Windows Key + "The Plus Sign on the Keyboard" this will turn on the magnifier.  As you keep pressing the Windows Key + "The Plus Sign on the Keyboard" it will keep increasing the magnification to wherever you have your cursor.

In order to turn it off you have to press Windows Key + Escape

This seems counter-intuitive to me.  Seems like the Escape key by itself would have been the correct choice.  The user still doesn't know how they are invoking it, but at least we know how to turn it off.



1 comment:

  1. I'm having the same issue but am not touching the keyboard when it happens... I'm going to grab the mouse and fumble it a little and whalaaa, the magnifier is on.

    ReplyDelete