This Blog is a supplement to my website. Please also visit: www.DavidCocke.com

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

QR Codes

I have a new Android phone and kept seeing these funny looking barcodes so I decided to learn more. Here is a quick reference for my friends and colleagues.

They are called QR Codes (Quick Response Codes).

Found a great video on CNET that gives a great general overview of how you can use this day to day:

Wikipedia gives you a more detailed and technical description:

On this website you can use their tool to create your own QR Codes:

For my Android phone I'm using an app called Barcode Scanner. I have a Sprint EVO 4G with an 8 megapixel camera and this Barcode Scanner app does amazingly well for several types of one and two dimensional barcodes.


The QR Code below will take you to my website:


No comments:

Post a Comment